A mighty few keep Raptors in games with hard play, how sustainable it is remains to be seen

Say this for the Raptors: They play onerous mainly each night time and keep in video games and provides superb groups a run for his or her cash most of the time.

They don’t all the time win however they do play entertaining video games and on the subject of tally all of them up when this season’s throughout, they’re going to come back out on the plus-side and that’s a superb factor.

It was a tricky loss in Miami final night time and it was a tricky loss in opposition to Phoenix at residence final week however an important win in Milwaukee on Saturday. You'll be able to see the promise with this group and in the event that they flip a number of video games round within the second half of the season, who is aware of what they’ll be.

Now, to wrap up the Warmth recreation:

-

THREE POINTERS

-

A hearty few

You do what you’ve acquired to do to win every recreation, I assume, and if meaning not taking part in many guys, it means not taking part in many guys.

As Nick stated within the very fast post-game chinwag, he was superb with solely utilizing six gamers for the whole second half (Champagnie had dislocated a finger) and because it saved them within the recreation till the ultimate 20 seconds or so, you may’t argue with the logic.

Possibly it catches up with them someday or perhaps Trent comes again and, as Nick stated, conditioning permits Yuta to get again within the rotation and Birch is again in 10 days or so and unexpectedly it’s 9 or 10 guys and so they’re again to the place they have been about three weeks in the past.

I assume we’ll see however I do suppose they’re taking part in with fireplace utilizing such a brief rotation, even when it’s conserving them in nearly each recreation.

“I believe we’re younger and we acquired the legs for it, so so long as you're feeling good, go on the market and play and compete,” Pascal Siakam stated when he was requested about it. “I believe all of us need to compete.”

-

A shocking transfer

It was one other super recreation from Chris Boucher, who has been extra persistently good within the final 10 days than he’d been within the first three months by a considerable order of magnitude.

One play stood out obviously final night time.

He acquired the ball within the nook, proper in entrance of the Raptors bench, and had a superb take a look at a semi-contested three-pointer.

However when he pump-faked, glided by the man defending him and completed a layup on the rim it like a Come to Jesus second.

I used to be fairly crucial – justifiably so, I believe we will all agree – of Boucher early within the season however he’s been excellent for a while now and is an integral a part of the rotation lately.

-

A tough, onerous hit

The Caleb Martin take down of Scottie Barnes on the basket – the one which despatched Barnes careening into the lady holding the drink – positive seemed like a flagrant foul to me. There was a observe by means of on the hit over the shoulder and refined push within the again to finish the play.

It wasn’t and I stay fully confused as to what's a flagrant and I assume that’s the true problem with the way in which they're referred to as or not referred to as all through the league each night time however when Barnes was requested particularly about it, he took the excessive highway.

“I simply really feel prefer it was a hustle play,” Barnes stated. “He tried to get the ball however I might simply say he was operating actual quick and couldn’t actually management himself in that state of affairs. I don’t really feel prefer it was a flagrant, I really feel prefer it was only a common foul.”

Possibly. Not each night time and I assume that’s my beef with the entire flagrant factor.

-

All proper. I believe I’m going to loaf a bit immediately – perhaps strive to determine the place, if anyplace I believe we must always see highway video games – however I’ll be across the machine in the event you’ve acquired stuff for Ye Olde Mailbag.

Simply drop a line at askdoug@thestar.ca in the event you do and we’ll be in contact.

-

 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post