Giovanni van Bronckhorst has branded membership legend Brian Laudrup ‘silly’ for claiming he’s thrown within the towel as Rangers boss.
A defiant Van Bronckhorst got here out combating as he prepares for a win or bust double header towards Hearts and St Mirren along with his Ibrox job on the road. The Dutchman is underneath heavy fireplace following a string of catastrophic outcomes and error-strewn performances which have humiliated followers within the Champions League and left his aspect trailing Celtic by seven factors within the home top-flight.
And nine-in-a-row nice Laudrup weighed in yesterday when the Dane criticised van Bronckhorst’s physique language throughout Sunday’s defeat at St Johnstone by claiming he appeared like a person who has already given up the ghost. And that prompted an unusually stinging response from the Rangers supervisor yesterday. He mentioned: “I’m giving up? I believe that’s very straightforward and silly to say from Brian, if he doesn’t know the scenario. He is aware of the stress each supervisor is underneath and I get lots of questions on my physique language. I don’t assume it’s received something to do with physique language.
“It’s about what you carry to the gamers. I get many questions like, ‘Yeah, try to be totally different on the sidelines.’ However I'm me. I’m not anybody else.
“And the very last thing all of us want is when individuals hold placing the stress even larger by suggesting issues which aren’t true. So I completely disagree with him.”
A number of former Rangers gamers have additionally publicly questioned van Bronckhorst’s managerial technique all through a wretched final couple of months. And requested if he has been upset by the critics he insisted: “No, it’s their opinions and so they receives a commission to offer their opinions by papers or by TV.
“So I don’t thoughts these opinions. All of us have our personal opinions and I can’t change that.
“However it’s good to see the comparisons between final season when all the pieces was going nicely, you’re doing tremendous. And now, if all the pieces goes fallacious, you’re doing fallacious. However that’s why they receives a commission.”
And van Bronckhorst went on to disclose he has been given the complete backing of the Rangers board forward of tonight’s showdown with Hearts. He mentioned: “I've the help of the board. I didn’t have any dialog about my future. However I really feel their help as a result of they are saying, ‘It's a must to hold going. You’re in a troublesome second however we now have each belief in you,’.
“So I really feel very supported by the board. I do know I've to carry out, that’s totally different. However I've the backing of my board.”
READ NEXT: