Christopher Jullien on 'complicated' Celtic relationship with Ange Postecoglou as he offers honest exit verdict

Former Celtic defender Christopher Jullien admits he had a "sophisticated" relationship with Ange Postecoglou after being frozen out of the Parkhead image final time period.

The centre-back was snapped up in £7million swoop from Toulouse by Neil Lennon again in June 2019 and was a key a part of the Hoops' title-winning defence working beneath the Northern Irishman. Nevertheless, a severe knee harm picked up after a collision with the put up in opposition to Dundee United noticed the Frenchman spend 18 months on the sidelines, as he made only one look beneath Ange Postecoglou throughout a Scottish Cup fourth spherical win over Raith Rovers.

With Cameron Carter-Vickers, Carl Starfelt, Stephen Welsh and summer season recruit Mortiz Jenz forward of the 29-year-old within the Parkhead pecking order, Jullien referred to as time on his profession in Glasgow's east finish with a return to Ligue 1 with Montpellier. After kickstarting his profession in France, Jullien has damaged his silence on his Celtic exit.

He reckons he by no means bought an opportunity to show himself beneath Postecoglou, however admits he wasn't wanted by the boss. He advised the Ligue 1 web site: "My first season was wonderful! We managed to win the three nationwide trophies.

"However the second was not as prolific since we solely gained one trophy. So sure, the listing has grown. I do not remorse at any time having signed there. I had an unimaginable expertise!

"When you do not play for a 12 months, you study rather a lot about your self, your environment and your loved ones. After such an harm, you possibly can solely grow to be stronger mentally.

"However the factor that struck me essentially the most is that once you're overseas and you are not taking part in, your identify comes out of the radar in a short time. Many individuals requested me what I used to be as much as and whether or not I performed or not.

"It a really lengthy absence from a match, as a result of I actually got here again from my harm in November 2021. The issue I encountered on my return was that the group was doing very nicely and the coach did not must combine me into the eleven.

"Although I did not play final season and it was sophisticated on a human stage with coach Ange Postecoglou, I realized rather a lot. He's a coach who depends rather a lot on video and who tries to get into the opponent's head.

"Due to this, I realised that once you push the opposing group to do precisely what they do not need, you possibly can outwit them to an unimaginable extent. It is like taking part in chess. If the opposing group cannot discover a parry, you are in for a deal with.

"That is why I feel I've grow to be extra tactically savvy. However I all the time attempt to enhance on this facet."

READ NEXT

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post